Protected Region Request Process
Protected regions have been added in strategic locations based upon feedback from different projects. However, as every project is unique, there may not always be a protected region in the location required.
The following process describes how to request a new protected region:
Record the location of the required protected region, both file, and line numbers as well as the reason 1.
For example, the details to include may appear as follows:
Reason: Set a default subject line for all emails.
- Go to the Forum, to the Protected Region requests category.
- Create a new topic, using the button at the top-right of the list.
- In the text area, include all the information gathered above using the outline which is provided. Also mention to us how urgently you need the fix to happen 2.
- Save your topic when you are done. This will notify the Codebots team, and they will respond to acknowledge your request once they have seen it.
- If we have any questions, we will tag you in a comment on your topic.
- We will inform you (in the comments) when the new bot version containing your protected region is available for your use.
Was this article helpful?