This lesson looks at how to setup an app on the Codebots platform.
- Go to your site dashboard and click on the green ‘Create Application’ button at the bottom left of the page.
- Choose the app type. Legacy migration is for if you have an existing database which you want to work from. However, most of the time you will need to select ‘Custom app’
- Choose your bot. For more information on each of the bots, read the Which bot is best for me? lesson. Don’t have a bot preference? Choose the bot with the arrow pointing to it.
- Give your app a name. It must be unique from all the other apps in your site, be less than 16 characters, contain no special characters, and can’t start with a number.
- Hit the green ‘Ready to Build!’ button to get the bots running.
From this screen, you can either invite some people to join your app, or dive straight into the building. Click on ‘Start building your app’ to go to your new app’s Build diagram. Congratulations! You’ve just made an app!
Last updated: 05 August 2020