Using the Library
By Nicola D'Andrea and Tessa Holland 6 January 2020 Codebots Basics
Learn how to use the Codebots Library to share and discover knowledge.
Welcome to the Codebots Library! This is where you can find all the information you need about your site in one convenient place. The Library is a knowledge base which you can use to contain information in your site. You are able to access the Codebots related information which is included in the site automatically, read and create articles to be read by members of your team, and access Reference documentation about your app.
The Library is divided into 4 sections:
- Explore: the mostly recently created or updated content.
- Books: a list of all the books available to you.
- My Articles: all your contributions to the Library.
- Reference: reference documentation for your active application, such as standards, API, and end user docs.
Articles are formatted using markdown. If you're unfamiliar with markdown, visit our Markdown Basics article. When you create an article, you will need to select an article template, such as a Knowledge Base Article or Bug Report. Hover over each template option to learn more about them. When in doubt, go with Knowledge Base Article - it is the most basic template which is used almost everywhere.
To save your article, you will need to give it at least one tag and assign it to a book.
Library articles are organised into books. There are two groups of books available.
- Your organisation's books, which are only available to your organisation. This is where you can create and update your own content.
- Codebots books, which are available to all Codebots users, and are maintained by the Codebots team. If you find that there is any incorrect, incomplete or missing information, please submit a feedback form with the category "Library: Article Content", and we'll get on it as soon as possible.
You can create new books on the Books page - simply click the "New book" button at the end of the list of your organisation's books.
The Reference section of the library contains application-specific information. The codebots will write and maintain your reference documentation each time you build an app using the Codebots Platform.
Here you can find:
- Your application specific end-user docs
- Your application specific API docs
- Your application specific technical docs
- The behaviour specific end-user docs
- The bot-specific standards
Reference documentation is specific to each app. To view documentation for a different application, switch apps using the folder icon in the menu. If you have never built an app, then reference will not be available to you.