An outline of the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done checklists, which should be completed for every iteration.
Definition of Ready
The Definition of Ready helps ensure a pod is as prepared as possible to commence an iteration. Each user story should adhere to the following checklist:
- Is an appropriate size, aiming for less than half the iteration length.
- Has a risk rating of eight or lower.
- Is written as a proper user story.
- The knowledge base has been reviewed for existing and previous solutions, ideas, or insights which may assist in the development of this issue.
- If required, has a preliminary UI/UX plan agreed to by the product manager. This could be a UI design, prototype, sketch, or anything which can guide the development team on what it will look like.
Definition of Done
The Definition of Done checklist ensures that everything which is developed is delivered to a high standard and meets the pre-defined criteria. For all stories to be considered done while in an iteration, they must comply with the following criteria. The checklist is as follows:
- This story has automated tests which are passing.
- The implementation has been code reviewed.
- All acceptance criteria have been satisfied.
- The code has been merged into develop in preparation for a beta release.
Last updated: 21 November 2019