Starting the Prebuild Ubuntu 18.04 Virtual Machine
By Mikaela Robertson 6 November 2019 Way of Working
How to download and start the re-build Ubuntu 18.04 Virtual Machine for development on SpringBot applications.
The OVA image includes all of the dependencies outlined in Setting Up Your Development Environment: Linux as well as VS Code as for development purposes.
For more details on using VS Code for development please see IDE Setup - Visual Studio Code.
- Download the pre-build VM OVA image from here.
- Double click virtual box OVA file you just downloaded. This should open the OVA in Virtualbox.
- Click the button to import, wait for it to complete.
- Now you can start the VM.
- Login with the password "cb".
For a guide on manually importing the OVA if the above steps do not work. Please see here.