IDE Setup - IntelliJ Community Edition
IntelliJ Community Edition
- Download and install the latest version of IntelliJ Community Edition
- After install, Open IntelliJ and click “Skip Remaining and Set Defaults”
- You should now be presented with the following screen:
Select Open and navigate to the repository folder
- We need to import the Gradle module. This can be done File -> New -> Module from Existing Sources… Select the
serversideand click open.
- In next the popup window pick
Import module from external modeland highlight Gradle then click finish
- On the bottom right of the screen there should be a small popup. Select
Import Gradle Project
Running the Server-Side
- Add a new configuration by clicking the
+icon and select Gradle
- In Gradle Project, click the folder icon and select the your project’s name
bootRunin the Tasks textfield
- In the Environment Variables copy and paste the following:
- Now you can successful run the
serversidethrough the IDE.
Running the Server-Side in Debug
Running the server-side in debug is as simple as clicking the bug icon instead of the play button. You can also use IntelliJ’s breakpoints to step through the application.
Running the Client-Side
You can use the terminal within IntelliJ to run the client-side.
- To open the terminal go to View -> Tools Window -> Terminal
- Make sure you change directory to the
- If this is the first time running the client-side, you will need to run
npx ng serveto run the
Running the Client-Side in Debugger