IDE Setup - IntelliJ Community Edition
IntelliJ Community Edition
- Download and install the latest version of IntelliJ Community Edition
- After install, Open IntelliJ and click “Skip Remaining and Set Defaults”
You should now be presented with the following screen:
- Select Open and navigate to the repository folder
- We need to import the Gradle module. This can be done File -> New -> Module from Existing Sources… Select the
serversideand click open.
In next the popup window pick
Import module from external modeland highlight Gradle then click finish
On the bottom right of the screen there should be a small popup. Select
Import Gradle Project
Running the Server-Side
- Add a new configuration by clicking the
+icon and select Gradle
- In Gradle Project, click the folder icon and select the your project’s name
bootRunin the Tasks textfield
- In the Environment Variables copy and paste the following:
- Now you can successful run the
serversidethrough the IDE.
Running the Server-Side in Debug
Running the server-side in debug is as simple as clicking the bug icon instead of the play button. You can also use IntelliJ’s breakpoints to step through the application.
Running the Client-Side
You can use the terminal within IntelliJ to run the client-side.
- To open the terminal go to View -> Tools Window -> Terminal
- Make sure you change directory to the
- If this is the first time running the client-side, you will need to run
npx ng serveto run the
Running the Client-Side in Debugger